|Office:||Claxton Building, Room 307|
Innovative Computing Laboratory,
Suite 203, 1122 Volunteer Blvd,
Knoxville, TN 37996
My research interests come mainly from the area of High Performance Computing. Recently, my work has been focused mainly on the subjects of Compiler Analysis and Optimization, System Benchmarking, MPI, and Accelerators. Currently, I am a Research Scientist II with the Innovative Computing Laboratory at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
I received my Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Delaware, on the subject of Compiler Optimizations for HPC. I received an M.Sc. in Computer Science from the University of Delaware and an M.Sc. in Computer Science from the University of Crete, both on Computer Networks, and a B.Sc. in Physics from the University of Crete.
- M. Baboulin, D. Becker, G. Bosilca, A. Danalis, J. Dongarra, "An efficient distributed randomized algorithm for solving large dense symmetric indefinite linear systems" In Parallel Computing, Dec. 28, 2013
- G. Bosilca, A. Bouteiller, A. Danalis, M. Faverge, T. Herault, J. Dongarra,
"PaRSEC: A programming paradigm exploiting heterogeneity for enhancing scalability"
in Computing in Science and Engineering (Volume:PP, Issue: 99), Nov. 04, 2013,
- G. Bosilca, A. Bouteiller, A. Danalis, T. Herault, J. Kurzak, P. Luszczek, S. Tomov, and J. Dongarra, "Scalable Dense Linear Algebra on Heterogeneous Hardware", In HPC: Transition Towards Exascale Processing, in the series Advances in Parallel Computing, IOS Press, 2013
- A. Danalis, P. Luszczek, G. Marin, J. S. Vetter, and J. Dongarra,
"BlackjackBench: Portable Hardware Characterization with Automated Results' Analysis"
In The Computer Journal, June 28, 2013,
- G. Bosilca, A. Bouteiller, A. Danalis, T. Herault, P. Luszczek, and J. Dongarra, "Dense Linear Algebra on Distributed Heterogeneous Hardware with a Symbolic DAG Approach", In Scalable Computing and Communications: Theory and Practice, Samee U. Khan, Lizhe Wang, and Albert Y. Zomaya, John Wiley & Sons, pp. 699-735, March, 2013.
- A. Danalis, C. McCurdy and J. S. Vetter, "Efficient Quality Threshold Clustering for Parallel Architectures" In IEEE International Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS '12), Shanghai, China, May, 2012
- A. Danalis, P. Luszczek, J. Dongarra, G. Marin, and J.S Vetter, "BlackjackBench: Portable Hardware Characterization", In SIGMETRICS Performance Evaluation Review 40(2), 2012.
- G. Bosilca, A. Bouteiller, A. Danalis, T. Herault and J. Dongarra, "From Serial Loops to Parallel Execution on Distributed Systems", In International European Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing (Euro-Par '12), Rhodes, Greece, Aug, 2012
- G. Bosilca, A. Bouteiller, A. Danalis, T. Herault, P. Lemarinier and J. Dongarra, "DAGuE: A generic distributed DAG Engine for High Performance Computing", In Parallel Computing, Elsevier, Vol. 38, No 1-2, 27-51, 2012.
- G. Bosilca, A. Bouteiller, A. Danalis, M. Faverge, A. Haidar, T. Herault, J. Kurzak, J. Langou, P. Lemarinier, H. Ltaeif, P. Luszczek, A. YarKhan and J. Dongarra, "Flexible Development of Dense Linear Algebra Algorithms on Massively Parallel Architectures with DPLASMA", In Proceedings of the 2011 IEEE International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Processing Workshops (IPDPSW' 11), Anchorage, Alaska, May, 2011.
- A. Danalis, G. Marin, C. McCurdy, J. S. Meredith, P. C. Roth, K. Spafford, V. Tipparaju and J. S. Vetter, "The Scalable Heterogeneous Computing (SHOC) benchmark suite". In Workshop on General-Purpose Computation on Graphics Processors (GPGPU '10), March, 2010.
- A. Danalis, L. Pollock, M. Swany and J. Cavazos, "MPI-aware Compiler Optimizations for Improving Communication-Computation Overlap", In International Conference on Supercomputing (ICS '09), NY, USA, June, 2009.
- A. Danalis, L. Pollock and M. Swany, "Gravel: a communication library to fast path MPI", In EuroPVM/MPI, Dublin, Ireland, September 2008.
- A. Danalis, L. Pollock, M. Swany and J. Cavazos, "Implementing an Open64-based Tool for Improving the Performance of MPI Programs", In the Open64 Workshop, in conjunction with IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Code Generation and Optimization (CGO), Boston, MA, USA, April 2008.
- A. Danalis, L. Pollock and M. Swany, "Introducing Gravel: An MPI Companion Library", In the Next Generation Software Workshop (NGS '08), in conjunction with the 22th International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS '08), Miami, FL, USA April 2008.
- A. Danalis, L. Pollock and M. Swany, "Automatic MPI application transformation with ASPhALT", In the Workshop on Performance Optimization for High-Level Languages and Libraries (POHLL 2007), in conjunction with the 21th International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS '07), Long Beach, CA, USA, March 2007.
- A. Danalis, L. Pollock, M. Swany, "An Automatic System for Parallel Application Transformation", In the Commodity Cluster Symposium, (CCS), June 2006.
- A. Danalis, K. Y. Kim, L. Pollock and M. Swany, "Transformations to Parallel Codes for Communication-Computation Overlap", In the ACM/IEEE International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis (SC05), Seattle, WA, November, 2005.
- L. Fishgold, A. Danalis, L. Pollock and M. Swany, "An Automated Approach to Improving Communication-Computation Overlap in Clusters", In Parallel Computing (ParCo '05), Malaga, Spain, Sep. 2005.
- A. Danalis, "Web Caching". In the Encyclopedia of Information Science and Technology, ISBN: 1-59140-553-X, 2005.
- B. Breech, A. Danalis, S. Shindo, and L. Pollock, "Online Impact Analysis via Dynamic Compilation Technology". In the International Conference on Software Maintenance (ICSM), Sept. 2004.
- A. Danalis, C. Dovrolis, "ANeMoS: An Autonomous NEtwork MOnitoring System". In the Passive and Active Measurement Workshop (PAM'03), San Diego, CA, 2003.
- A. Danalis, E. P. Markatos, "Web Caching". In Enterprise Networking: Multilayer Switching and Applications, pp. 383--408, ISBN: 1930708173, 2001.