The HPC Challenge benchmark consists of basically 7 tests:
- HPL - the Linpack TPP benchmark which measures the floating point rate of execution for solving a linear system of equations.
- DGEMM - measures the floating point rate of execution of double precision real matrix-matrix multiplication.
- STREAM - a simple synthetic benchmark program that measures sustainable memory bandwidth (in GB/s) and the corresponding computation rate for simple vector kernel.
- PTRANS (parallel matrix transpose) - exercises the communications where pairs of processors communicate with each other simultaneously. It is a useful test of the total communications capacity of the network.
- RandomAccess - measures the rate of integer random updates of memory (GUPS).
- FFT - measures the floating point rate of execution of double precision complex one-dimensional Discrete Fourier Transform (DFT).
- Communication bandwidth and latency - a set of tests to measure latency and bandwidth of a number of simultaneous communication patterns; based on b_eff (effective bandwidth benchmark).